Collagen in all its forms – Le collagène dans tous ses états
Scientific Day in honour of David Hulmes
November 9, 2017
ENS Lyon, France
Clair BALDOCK (Manchester)
Jean-Marie BOURHIS (Grenoble)
Peter BRUCKNER (Freiburg)
Alain COLIGE (Liège)
Marie-Madeleine GIRAUD-GUILLE (Paris)
Erhard HOHENESTER (Londres)
Karl KADLER (Manchester)
Hideaki NAGASE (Oxford)
Florence RUGGIERO (Lyon)
Nicole THIELENS (Grenoble)
Scientific Day in honour of David Hulmes
David Hulmes spent his whole career studying the biological and structural aspects of collagens. He contributed to describe the complex structures made by collagens and to decipher the major steps of collagen assembly, at the intracellular and extracellular levels. His work finds connections throughout the whole extracellular matrix and has far-reaching implications for the understanding of a large diversity of diseases in which collagens and their partners play a major role.
We now take the opportunity of David’s official retirement from the CNRS (but not from science!) to invite you to celebrate his outstanding contribution to collagen research and to show how it has inspired several generations of researchers. This event will have a limited number of participants (make sure to register soon) and aims at combining good science and a friendly atmosphere.
For the Organizing Committee,
Catherine Moali, Sandrine Vadon-Le Goff, Patricia Rousselle, Florence Ruggiero
Please find below a letter size flyer to advertise the meeting in your laboratory or institute.
PDF Flyer for your laboratory
Call for abstracts – Young Speakers Session
There will be 4 slots (10 min + 5 min discussion each) dedicated to young speakers (PhD students or postdocs).
If you would like to make a presentation in relation with the topic of the day, please indicate your choice in the registration form and submit an abstract (maximum 400 words) before the 1st of October 2017, by email to email@example.com. You will be notified of your selection before the 15th of October 2017.
To attend this symposium, please register before October 1st, 2017 using the form below:
Only payments made in euros will be accepted:
- Purchase Order (preferred method of payment for CNRS laboratories) to: CNRS UMR5305 – LBTI, 7 passage du Vercors 69367 Lyon cedex 07.
- Credit card
In both cases, you have to register on Azur website; please use the following link.
The symposium will take place in the Conference Room of:
Institut Français de l’Education
ENS Lyon, 19 Allée de Fontenay
Metro station : Debourg (line B)
Travel to Lyon:
- By train:
- Part-Dieu railway station – then Metro B (Direction Gare d’Oullins) to Debourg station.
- Perrache railway station – then Tram T1 to Debourg station.
- By plane:
- Saint-Exupery Airport. Then take the « Rhone-Express » shuttle to Part-Dieu Railway station.
- Saint-Exupery international airport
- Nationwide train service (SNCF)
- Local public transportation service for the city of Lyon (Metro, TCL)
- Shuttle to and from the airport (Rhone Express)
The symposium will start at 9:45 am on November 9 and end after the gala dinner in the evening. The official language of the symposium will be English.
Selection of hotels close to the conference venue (numerous other options, see lyon-france.com):
- Axotel Perrache (agréé CNRS) – 12 rue Marc Antoine Petit, Lyon 2ème
- Quality Suites Lyon7 (agréé CNRS) – 7 rue Felix Brun, Lyon 7ème
- Hôtel Novotel Lyon Confluence – 3 Rue Paul Montrochet, Lyon 2ème
- Bed In City – 219 Rue Marcel Mérieux, Lyon 7ème
- Hôtel Novotel Gerland – 70 Avenue Leclerc, Lyon 7ème
- ho36 Hostel – 36 Rue Montesquieu, Lyon 7ème
- Hôtel Ibis Gerland Mérieux – 246 Rue Marcel Mérieux, Lyon 7ème
- Hôtel Ibis Budget Confluence – 24 Quai Perrache, Lyon 2ème
The organization of this symposium wouldn’t have been possible without the generous support from the following organizations:
Catherine Moali, LBTI UMR 5305, Lyon.
Sandrine Vadon-Le Goff, LBTI UMR 5305, Lyon.
Patricia Rousselle, LBTI UMR 5305, Lyon, and SFBMEc President.
Florence Ruggiero, IGFL, ENS Lyon.
For questions relative to payment or registration, please contact: Corinne Uberty, LBTI UMR 5305, Lyon, firstname.lastname@example.org, +33 4 72 72 26 65