We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow in coral cell biology to join the Coral Physiology team at CSM and participate in projects related to the biology of calcifying cells in tropical corals. Our goal is to look at coral calcification at the cellular level and more specifically 1) investigate the biology of primary cilia in different tropical coral species and under different experimental conditions and 2) investigate the processes of endo/exocytosis in the model tropical coral Stylophora pistillata. Ultimately, we aim at understanding how these cellular processes are linked to the physiology of calcification in tropical corals.
- PhD degree in cell Biology or cell Physiology,
- Experience in electron and confocal microscopy techniques,
- Good knowledge of molecular and bioinformatics approaches,
- Scientific background on primary cilia and/or exo/endocytosis processes and/or related aspects of cell biology/cell physiology,
- A background in studying calcifying organisms is an advantage,
- Ability and willingness to conduct laboratory work,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English,
- Ability to write publications for peer-reviewed scientific journals,
- Ability to work independently and self-guided, but likewise within an interdisciplinary research team.
Initial appointment (ca. 2800 euros net + health insurance and pension) is for 12-months, with possibility of extension for a second year (subject to funding and performance). It will ideally start in March/April 2021. The position is supervised by Dr. Sylvie Tambutté (team leader), in collaboration with all team members.
Interested individuals are invited to submit an application package including :
- a motivation letter explaining reasons for applying and how they meet the hiring criteria outlined above,
- a research project of 1 to 2 pages including the description of the costs associated to the proposal (excluding the salary),
- a CV,
- a copy of PhD certificate,
- name and address of at least two referees.
These application documents must be submitted as a single pdf to:
Sylvie Tambutté email@example.com
Application Deadline: 28th February.
Note: application review will begin immediately.
The position will remain open until the position is filled.
Further information about the research focus of the Physiology team can be obtained at http://www.centrescientifique.mc